SAi (Salt Lake City, Utah) has released Flexi 21, calling it “the most feature-rich version of its flagship sign-making software.” The 64-bit RIP system is engineered to meet the demanding design-to-production challenges of sign & display and large-format print providers for both novice and more advanced users, while continuing to be highly productive with fast processing speeds. SAi Flexi is the industry leader for creating a variety of applications such as vehicle wraps, banners, signs, soft signage and much more. With a low monthly operating cost, an SAi Flexi subscription includes free software upgrades, e-mail and phone support, and all the design and other production features. SAi’s Flexi 21 design and RIP print software now supports multi-layer/white and varnish ink layered printing. With this tool, Flexi can generate white or varnish ink on the fly or from the white layer in a predefined design. Users can control how the ink is printed in both the Flexi Design and Flexi RIP Production Manager functions. This “sandwich” mode printing supports printing multiple layers – for example, a bottom layer of white, colour in the middle and varnish on top. With the ability to preview the white channel beforehand, users save RIP and print time and avoid wasting materials.
Variable-data printing. Users printing a set of documents with mostly shared elements, can change certain text or images from document to document. The Flexi 21 variable-data printing tool will let users design the print template with a sample file, select the element that will change per document, and then specify the data to be used. This feature supports variable-data images (including raster files, transparent pngs and most eps and PDFs), text, QR codes, data matrix, barcodes, and braille. Created as an all-in-one solution for design, print, print-and-cut and direct-to-vinyl production workflow, Flexi 21 also includes these advanced features:
- Jig templates – Allows users to design and save jig templates that will precisely match the jig on the printer bed for printing on multiple parts, such as phone cases.
- Enhanced printing while RIPping – Users no longer have to wait for the print job to finishing ripping to start printing. This allows for faster processing time.
- Custom cut line names and colours – Users can now define their own, custom, cut line spot colours and give them custom names, simplifying the cutting process.
- Adobe Illustrator layer support – Multi-layer Illustrator or PDF files can be split into multiple jobs which then can be processed as spot colours, such as white and varnish.
- Custom inkset – Inkset channels and profiles can be customized to different colour modes, if your printer supports custom ink.
- G7 Certification – Recognizes gray balance and generates linearization that’s compliant with G7 colour standards.