Enfocus (Ghent, Belgium), a global leader in PDF quality control, advanced PDF editing and workflow automation for the graphic arts industry, has announced the release of PitStop Pro 2021, PitStop Server 2021, and PitStop Library SDK 2021. Based on customer feedback, major new PDF editing and quality control features have been added to the new software. Among these are a trio of PitStop Actions that will appeal directly to label and packaging printers, said the company.
Major bleed improvements
PitStop 2021 will allow users to check, clip and create bleed along a vector contour. This will make quick prepress work of PDF files with dielines or digital cutlines.“We made a huge leap forward with the way we’re adding bleed to line-art. We no longer mirror content, we now extend the actual line-art. This is what an operator would do when manually editing a path. Now it’s an Action,” said Andrew Bailes-Collins, Senior Product Manager at Enfocus.
Booklet imposition is coming to PitStop 2021. PitStop has had a standard Action for breaking apart spreads. Now, there’ll be an action for creating printer or reader spreads.
Other PDF production-relevant additions to PitStop
▪ Align and Distribute Objects Action – this was previously a manual Action, which now can be automated
▪ Consolidate Fonts Action – fixes multiple font subsets to improve output performance
▪ Flatten Type 3 Fonts Action – converts Type 3 fonts to normal page content
▪ Separate Stroke and Fill Action – splits the stroke and fill of an object into two new objects
▪ Add Hems and Pockets Action – mirrors page content based on trim and bleed, which will come in handy for large-format production