Verico Technology (Enfield, Connecticut) has successfully launched the latest plate in its Zahara family – the Zahara Elite Waterless Plate. Zahara Elite plates are available in most sizes and gauges for waterless newspaper, sheetfed, narrow-web label, security printing and CD/DVD applications. Elite is a ‘drop-in’ product to the existing Zahara CTP settings doesn’t require any adjustments in exposures. Like all Zahara products, the Zahara Elite is a 100% chemical-free process plate using simply water for cleanout. There are no hazardous chemicals or dyes to maintain or dispose of. Users simply expose, rinse and print.
Benefits of the new Verico Zahara Elite Waterless Plate include:
- Speed: Increased sensitivity in the CtP system enables higher throughput with wider exposure latitude.
- Durability: Extremely durable on any substrate with increased scratch resistance.
- Resolution: Reproduction of even finer screens with consistent durability.
- Ink transfer: Excellent solids and fast ink roll-up, excellent compatibility with UV Inks and increased solvent resistance.
- Measurability: Plate is video microscopically measurable.
- Drop-in: Uses your existing processing equipment.
As the remaining stock of Zahara XP products are depleted, Verico added that it will automatically ship Zahara Elite Plates to fill customers’ orders. The company added that customers will notice the new labeling on the package that will distinguish Zahara Elite Plates – and that Verico Technology’s sales and application experts are available to answer questions and provide the necessary technical support.