HP (Palo Alto, California) has announced HP Indigo Secure, a unique suite of security and brand-protection solutions to help security printers and print service providers protect their customers from counterfeiters and other product threats. HP also announced the launch of its new HP Indigo 6K Secure Press – the first HP Indigo digital press “designed specifically for the security-printing market, delivering end-to-end security solutions featuring multi-security layers printed in one pass in a secure environment,” said the OEM.
The new HP Indigo Secure solution includes hardware, software, media and inks for security printing and brand protection, based on proprietary HP Indigo LEP technology and industry-leading partner solutions. It offers printers the ability to mix and match a wide range of innovative and advanced security elements and designs that are easy to print and very difficult to copy. Capabilities include multi-layered measures of overt and covert elements with any combination of invisible inks, infrared inks, variable-data printing, unique serialized IDs, QR codes, serialized micro-text, guilloche patterns, and cloud-connected track-and-trace technology. HP Indigo Secure is designed for governments, financial institutions, and other institutions that handle currency, personal identifications, and other secure documents – as well as documents worth money, such as tax stamps, gaming documents and more. These brand-protection solutions were designed for brands that are increasingly forced to confront counterfeiting issues.
Key features include:
- Robust variable-data printing to deliver multi-personalized security elements and multi-serialization techniques that are used for each printed product.
- Seven HP Indigo ElectroInk colour stations, including cutting-edge security inks and a pipeline of ink development in R&D.
- HP Indigo One Shot print mode, delivering high-accuracy printing with leading digital registration capability at high print speeds, capable of creating accurate microtext, dots and lines.
- Unique press fingerprints on each to track and verify the source of the print.
- Secure user log-in control with different levels of printing restrictions.
- Collaborations with experienced and recognized industry players including Jura, Agfa, Haiyaa, Scantrust, Evrythng, Micro Focus, VerifyMe and Bsecure.