Corel has unveiled its CorelDraw Technical Suite 2021, the newest edition of its comprehensive software collection for high-impact technical design and documentation. Upgrades for 2021 include productivity-boosting dynamic asset management and collaboration workflow enhancements, additional fonts, creative templates and more to maximize a designer’s creative potential. “Whether you’re at the office, at home or working remotely, the CorelDraw 2021 product family includes robust suites that enable graphics pros to work how, when and where they want,” said John Falsetto, Senior Director of Products, Graphics and Productivity at Corel. “With new features, helpful content and support for the latest technologies, these new subscription-exclusive updates offer creative and technical graphics professionals maximum value and deliver on our commitment to provide everything they need for success.”
Available for CorelDraw Graphics Suite and CorelDraw Technical Suite, the new subscriber-exclusive updates include:
- Dynamic asset management. Access and manage all assets from one central location and share symbols across teams. Easily sync updates to ensure you’re always working with the most current asset.
- Enhancements to collaboration workflows. New streamlined sign-in process and performance enhancements facilitate faster saving, opening and sharing of cloud designs.
- Time saving typography tools. Create stunning typography faster with new integrated access to the Google Fonts library in Corel Font Manager. Browse, search and preview more than 1,000 font families from the Google Fonts library without having to install the fonts you want to use.
CorelDraw Technical Suite 2021 also goes beyond the new subscriber-exclusive updates to include the following new capabilities:
- Seamless transition from 3D design to illustration. Easily turn repurposed 3D engineering data into detailed technical illustrations with a new thread workflow that simplifies working with bolts imported from XVL Studio Corel Edition. The new 3-Point Thread tool accurately snaps to the sides of your bolt as you drag the thread along it, and the new Remove Border tool quickly removes redundant outer lines of the projected shape with one click.
- Reimagined approach to technical illustration. A reconfigured Projected Axes docker brings commonly used technical drawing tools and settings to the forefront of your illustration workspace. Now there’s no need to switch between dockers or other UI controls to move objects on a plane and moving elements along the projected axis is more intuitive. A new Projection Shortcut makes projecting shapes in and out of parallel perspective instantaneous. Save time with new Projection Bookmarks and the ability to pin custom perspective settings on your illustration for easy use at a later time.
- Complete spare-parts pages with new functionality. A series of new features power discrete manufacturing workflows. Import .DES, .CDR, and spreadsheet files into Corel Designer’s Sources docker to couple technical illustrations with specifications in tables. Working with linked assets is easier with the ability to sync changes to designs and data when the files are edited elsewhere. New support for interactive SVG files conveys parts information with even more clarity and makes it simple to publish fully interactive documentation online.
- Technical designs transformed into compelling marketing assets. Go beyond classical technical illustration with access to the latest CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2021 applications for professional image editing, page layout, font management and more.